Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Back from St. Louis

I just got back from a wonderful weekend at the Missouri Thespian Conference in St. Louis. This is where high school students from all over Missouri come together to learn about theatre. There are also several activities and performances. This trip I taught several classes and each year I am impressed by knowledge these kids have of the business.

Outside of the classroom there were two big questions. How do I pick a college and how can my theatre company raise money. So I will try and answer these questions this week.

When picking a college I think the most important thing is to do your homework. Go and see the school. See a production there. Talk to the teachers and students. Most importantly see if recent graduates are working and if they are not, ask why. You go to college to get the experience and knowledge to get jobs but also to get the contacts to assist you in getting jobs. Networking, networking, networking!

No comments:

Post a Comment