Wednesday, July 1, 2009

My Friends - David Twomey

Seems like just yesterday he was yelling at us all to not mess up his coffee table. He had a special place for everything in his house, and if you moved it an inch, he would know. He had a great love for history and loved to argue about politics with us.

Yesterday, we lost a son, a brother, a friend, and a great guy. When I first heard, I thought it was a lie. I couldn't believe someone the same age as me that was perfectly healthy last week would be in ICU this weekend. I rushed to the hospital last night when I heard there were only a few hours left. I got there in time to see his family leave his room. And then the nurse came out to say he was gone.

I had to leave.

I can’t stop crying because he was such a great guy, and it seems so unfair. All we can do is focus on the good times. Amazing what a role Facebook ended up playing in this. I actually first heard through Facebook because people were writing getting well messages. His wall was full of messages from friends all over the country. Then his younger brother started to post updates to keep us all informed. Everything seemed so hopeful. Last night, his brother posted the news as soon as it happened. Now his wall is full of memories that will forever memorialize the friend we all lost.

I am still in disbelief. I was speaking to my younger brother last night because he lost his best friend about four years ago. It sounds stupid I just don’t want to ever forget him, and I asked Brandon how often he thought of Cody, and he said, "Every day."

David - I know you are in a better place, watching over us. I will never forget the friend I lost yesterday. Rest in peace.

3 comments:

  1. All of his friends at Emerson College are deeply saddened and in shock by the loss of a wonderful man and a shining star.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jared-

    My thoughts and prayers and condolenscences - David was clearly very special - we are known by the company we keep- You kept his and he yours.... I know you so I know what a great guy David must have been.... Thinking about you. Miss you. Edge

    ReplyDelete