Monday, July 6, 2009

Fresh Eyes

Today I have a new assistant starting. She is new to this position, but not new to me. Kat and I have worked together on several projects. We first worked together at Webster University and have done a couple of projects since then. I am excited to have her start today because I think it will help me get a fresh perspective on the operations of our department, and that is really important.
A lot of companies hire outside consultants to come in and give their operations a look. They make recommendations, and about half the time they tell you things you already know. But maybe you forgot because you got caught up in the day-to-day operations.

I should mention that she is only here temporarily while the full-time assistant is out for a couple of months. I can't wait to see what new ideas Kat can bring to the table. Who do you have in your network who can bring a new angle to the table?

No comments:

Post a Comment