Saturday, April 25, 2009

Names in the News


I was recently cruising theatre news websites when I saw an article about a new play series. I clicked on it because the name was familiar. Turns out I was right and the series is hosted by one of the big DC theatres. However of the full name of the theatre wasn’t mentioned in the title and the first time the name was mentioned it was wrong.

The theatre was Arena Stage but the headline reads “Plays by Tazewell Thompson, Psalmayene 24 and Sullivan Will Be Heard in Arena Series” and the first line of the article reads, “Arena Theatre, committed to new, recent and classic American plays and musicals, has announced the titles…”

The name Arena Stage was not mentioned until the end of the second paragraph. The lesson here is to take care of your brand. I would want my company name to be in the first paragraph. Google Arena Theatre and you might get
this.

No comments:

Post a Comment