Monday, April 27, 2009

thank you

My biggest pet peeve is sending thank you notes. You should always send thank you notes. If someone volunteers to help you out, gives you work or gives you tickets; send them a thank you note. It will almost always make an impression because it is a lost art. It will make you stand out from everyone else.

When I interviewed for my current job I sent a thank you note to everyone I met with. After I started work two out of the four people I sent them to commented to me how impressed they were by that and how amazed they were that none of the other candidates sent them. I don�t imagine that was the deciding factor in me landing the job but it sure didn�t hurt.

There are many
websites that can describe the proper way to write a thank you note but the important part is to just do it. And try and do it as soon as you can but know that it is never too late to write one.

No comments:

Post a Comment