Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Actions Speak Louder

The other day I was talking with someone in the industry about an up and coming theatre producer. I said I thought he was smart and consistently improving. My colleague said he thought he was too much of a self promoter and wanted to see the results of his work. He went on to talk about how great leaders let their work speak for them.

As I was driving today I heard “Louder Than Words” from “Tick, Tick… Boom.” It reminded me about that conversation. When you are working remember that people are watching and noticing what you do. Even if you are not rewarded for it every time know that people are taking notice and that you should consistently be improving. People focused on climbing the ladder lose focus of their work and can get side tracked.

Focus on the work in front of you and do it the best you can. People will take note.

No comments:

Post a Comment