Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Calendar

Today I was going through my calendar, and I was reminded of how important Calendar Maintenance is. If you are an actor, executive, or stage manager, managing your calendar is one of the most important parts of your job.

We only have so much time in a day, and making the most of your days is important. Every two weeks I take a look at the next month and try to schedule as much of my days as possible. By planning my schedule minute by minute, I never hit an open patch of time and wonder what I should do next. Schedule time for your to do list. Schedule “holds” for meetings you think will happen. I also suggest you schedule a leave time, when possible. By staying an extra hour will you really get that much more done? Taking time for yourself is just as important. In this business we could all stay late every day, and the mountains of work wouldn’t move down a bit because there is always more work.

Schedule your personal time in as much as you schedule your work. Remember, I am a big believer in Work / Life Balance.

No comments:

Post a Comment