Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Tonys Part II

Okay, I have now gotten over the sound issues. Now I move on to my other issue. It is not with the Tonys but with theatres around the country. I think we should not have performances on Tony night. It is a time to celebrate the art. Why not say we are closed Sunday night because of the Tony Awards. Move the schedule around and have a student matinee. Imagine how the viewership would grow if they did that. So if you have the power to adjust the schedule, remember to move your schedule next year to accommodate the Tonys.

The second part of today is about Washington DC. What a night to shine. Several shows on the Awards had ties to DC. And after Glory Days we needed that.
Next to Normal made a stop in DC at Arena Stage which is also where 33 Variations started. West Side Story had its out of town try outs in DC. And if you have been reading my blog you know Signature Theatre won the regional Tony Award.

Stay tuned for tomorrows blog. I have decided to have guest bloggers on Wednesdays. Just to shake it up a little. We will call it “Ask My Friends.” So don’t miss it.

No comments:

Post a Comment