Thursday, May 28, 2009

Be Nice

While having drinks with a friend yesterday he told me a story of a client that was rude and mean to him and how he was trying to help the client resolve the problem. When my friend told his boss about what happened and offered a plan to his boss about how to correct the mistake they made, his boss told him to forget about it and tell the client they were going to drop the client. My friend’s boss would not be tolerant of anyone who is so rude and mean to his staff.

Theatre is much the same. Be careful of how you treat people. For one, you never know who knows who and where people will end up. I have been surprised of the number of people who treated me badly through high school and college who now ask me for favors or tickets.

It just doesn’t work like that. I know people have not gotten jobs or cast because they were divas and then the people below them soon rose to a position of power (casting or management).

Treat everyone with kindness and if you don’t like someone I suggest you avoid conflict. To put it simple BE NICE.

No comments:

Post a Comment