Thursday, May 7, 2009

Know What Is Going On

One thing I try to do every morning as I wake is check out the news. I click the TV on CNN and listen to what is going on in the world, and then, when I get out my computer to check my email, I check three sites.

Playbill
Variety
NY Times

I read the headlines and some of the stories so that I know what is going on in the theatre world. This comes in handy more than you know. Nothing is more embarrassing than being in a meeting with the leadership of your company when they are discussing the latest show to open in New York and you have no idea what they are talking about.

Also, this knowledge could come in handy if you are with someone you want to impress; you can bring up something new that happened that day and be knowledgeable enough to discuss it with him. With today’s web-enabled phones, it is becoming too easy to have this information.

2 comments:

  1. I recently came accross your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I dont know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.

    thanks jared


    Free movies download

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the note. Glad you enjoy the blog.

    ReplyDelete